Autism Delaware posts open positions as they become available.
Autism Delaware Job Listing: Policy and Community Outreach Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
APPLICATION PERIOD: February 11, 2014 – March 10, 2014
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Policy and Community Outreach Manager works under the supervision of the Executive Director, working closely with the Associate Director and the Family Support team. The position represents Autism Delaware and the needs of the autism community in Delaware in the General Assembly and, in partnership with team members, with executive agencies, identifying key issues both arising and in front of these bodies, coordinating the activities of team members, drafting policy and position statements, and attending key committee meetings throughout the state. This position manages Autism Delaware’s website and social media efforts and works to integrate the organization’s various communications types and media into a cohesive effort, utilizing the talents of additional team members. This is a full-time position based out of Autism Delaware’s Newark or Lewes office. Salary commensurate with experience.
1. Bachelor’s degree in public administration, political science, communications or a related field
2. Strong experience in policy and/or advocacy work
3. Knowledge of:
a. The state’s legislative process
b. Issues relevant to people and families affected by disability, with such knowledge in autism spectrum disorders preferred
c. Methods of direct and grassroots advocacy/organizing
4. Exceptional oral and written communication skills; including the ability to clearly present information to a variety of audiences
5. Relevant experience in and knowledge of social media communications; additionally, website content management preferred
6. Excellent interpersonal skills
7. Ability to function and lead in a team atmosphere
8. Basic computer skills, including web navigation, Microsoft Windows and Office applications
9. Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities
10. Results and detail oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
11. Flexible in responding to changes and constituent needs
12. Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Full job description available here. Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships may be available in the following areas contingent upon the agency's needs at the time:
- Public Relations and communications
- Policy Advocacy
- Non-profit Management
- Website maintenance and development
- Event management
For more information on any of our available internships, please contact Executive Director Teresa Avery at email@example.com.