Autism Delaware posts open positions as they become available.
Development Director, Autism Delaware
Autism Delaware is looking for a passionate, creative and experienced professional to lead our overall fundraising efforts throughout the state of Delaware.
At Autism Delaware you’ll experience a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization that leverages the skills of a broad and talented team of staff and volunteers. You’ll have the opportunity to build an enhanced individual and corporate giving program with strong support from organizational leadership and the Board. We are mission driven and results focused.
Position details include…
The Development Director is charged with planning and executing a complete fundraising plan for the organization in cooperation with the Fundraising Events Manager and Executive Director. The Development Director will have particular responsibility in the implementation of the annual appeal, planned giving and grants management, as well as major gifts and corporate giving. The position bears responsibility for managing and evaluating the results of all fundraising efforts, working with outside fundraisers and supporting special events where necessary.
The Development Director will support existing staff and committees and work with them to identify possible expanded donor relationships. Autism Delaware’s working environment will provide support for this individual to create a successful program.
This is a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and execute Autism Delaware’s annual and strategic fundraising plans, working with the Development Committee, Executive Director and special events staff
· Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
· Management and data entry for our fundraising database/donor management software
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
· Create and execute a strategy for a large, sustained base of annual individual donors
· Record and evaluate fundraising results across all efforts
· Oversee delivery of all donor recognition
· Shepherd all outside fundraising opportunities
· Maintain the budget relative to all fundraising activities
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Strong organizational and time management skills.
3. Ability to function and lead in a team environment
4. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree a plus
5. 5-plus years of professional experience in development; preferably in a leadership role
6. Demonstrated knowledge of annual giving, grants, and major gifts
7. Familiarity with planned giving and corporate philanthropy
8. Ability to work collaboratively with Board and staff on donor relationships
9. Valid Driver’s license
Full job description available at www.autismdelaware.org. Send cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements to: email@example.com
Job posted: September 19, 2014
No phone inquiries please.
Internships may be available in the following areas contingent upon the agency's needs at the time:
- Public Relations and communications
- Policy Advocacy
- Non-profit Management
- Website maintenance and development
- Event management
For more information on any of our available internships, please contact Executive Director Teresa Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org.