The 2022 Walk For Autism Is On!
October 8, 2022 – Fort DuPont, Delaware City
October 15, 2022 – Hudson Fields, Milton
We are excited to announce that we will host the 16th Annual Walk for Autism on Saturday, October 8, at Fort DuPont in Delaware City and Saturday, October 15, at Hudson Fields in Milton.
Registration for the 2022 Walks is open!
Know Before You Go!
Please use this address in your GPS to arrive at the Walk for Autism: 260 Old Elm Avenue, Delaware City, DE 19706
– The event opens at 9 am and will conclude at 1 pm.
– Parking is onsite at Fort DuPont. No shuttles needed this year.
– Food trucks will be at the event selling yummy breakfast and lunch options, but some are cash only.
– Walk start times are 9:30 am and 11 am. (desired start time was chosen during registration)
– Event t-shirts will be available for every registered participant who raises $50 or more in donations.
– Autism Delaware will have a tent where you can purchase Autism Delaware merchandise – Venmo, cash and check are acceptable payments.
– Dogs, cats and animals are not permitted at the event, so please leave your furry friends at home. Service animals are permitted. Emotional support animals are not recognized by the ADA as service animals.
Please be aware that Delaware City will be hosting Delaware City Day on the same day as the Walk for Autism.
What does this mean for the Walk?
The City of Delaware City has recently announced their first Delaware City Day since 2019 will take place on October 8, 2022, the same day as the Walk for Autism 2022 at Fort DuPont. This celebration adds a full day of fun family entertainment to the community near where we will host our event.
These festivities will be held across the river in Historic Delaware City along the waterfront in Battery Park at the foot of Clinton Street overlooking Fort Delaware.
There will not be an issue with parking space available for walkers at Fort DuPont. Delaware City Day will mean an increase in traffic coming into Delaware City along Route 9 on Walk Day and perhaps increased travel time if traffic becomes congested. We recommend taking a route to Fort DuPont that avoids going through Delaware City if possible.
Follow the signs along Route 9 for Autism Delaware event parking and you will enter directly into Fort DuPont. Traffic for parking will flow in one entry way and exit another. There will be parking lot attendants guiding you to the perfect onsite parking space.
The Delaware City Day event opens at 10 am and runs all day long into the evening with fireworks at night. They are planning to ‘kick off ‘ their event with a 1:00 pm parade. So we anticipate most of the traffic congestion to start in the morning (probably around 10:30 am). The parade will temporarily close all traffic lanes on Route 9 from approximately 12:55-1:20 pm.
We suggest exiting Fort DuPont by 12:45 pm to avoid the road closure or take Route 9 South when exiting Fort DuPont to avoid the road closure completely.
While it’s hard to predict how many people will attend this relaunch of Delaware City Day, we do know that in the past this event has been very popular and well attended.
To get the most up-to-date information on the Delaware City Day event, please check the Delaware City government page, click here.
For any questions about the Walk for Autism, please contact Kris Grant at email@example.com or 302-224-6020 ext. 217.
Our 2022 Sponsors