Sensory-Friendly Fun at Amusement Parks/Museums!
- KidZooU: Hamilton Family Children’s Zoo and Education Center at the Philadelphia Zoo has collaborated with special needs groups to create a sensory friendly experience. This experience offers social stories, a visual schedule, and quiet spaces. Click here for more information on accessibility
- Family Inclusive Special Hours, or F.I.S.H. at Adventure Aquarium are designed for the special needs community to visit the aquarium in a relaxed setting. Sound and lighting accommodations have been made to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Special Abilities Night at Diggerland USA provides a fun, judgment-free evening for individuals with special needs to enjoy with their family and friends. Diggerland USA is a construction theme park in South Jersey offering full-size construction equipment for guests to dig, drive and ride.
- Special Needs Events at Sahara Sam’s Oasis provide fun, judgment-free evenings at the indoor water park for individuals with special needs to enjoy with their family and friends.
- Clementon Park and Splash World Clementon Park & Splash World in partnership with the Autism Cares Foundation will be hosting it’s 3rd Annual Special Needs Family Fun Night on Tuesday, August 7th. Families with special needs are encouraged to visit Clementon Park & Splash World on this night. Park will be closed to the public; only guests registering and purchasing tickets through Autism Cares Foundation will be permitted to enter. Hours of operation: 6:00-8:00 PM water park; 6:00-9:00 PM theme park. Tickets available for purchase after registering for the event; includes admission to both parks and parking. A $5 donation from every ticket sold will be given to the Autism Cares Foundation.
- Sesame Place is officially designated as an Autism Center! The autism friendly park offers ride accessibility, a sensory guide, quiet rooms, noise-cancelling headphones, low sensory areas, low sensory parade viewing, autism friendly dining, and exceptions to the no outside food policy for those with a food allergy or intolerance.
- The Elmwood Park Zoo Check their website for scheduled Early Access Mornings for people with autism and their families. Discounted rates at $13.95 per person, support staff accompanying participants may enter for no charge. Noise cancelling headphones and quiet space are available. Registration required.