Our Family Support Programs
Navigating the autism world can be complex and overwhelming. If you are a parent or caregiver seeking answers, we can help you with comprehensive, accessible, family-centered support.
We provide support for families with new autism diagnoses and families who need ongoing support through two programs, our Autism Care Team (ACT) program and our Family Navigation program.
In both programs, our dedicated Family Navigators and Family Support Providers help families assess needs and design plans for children diagnosed with autism, focusing on how to put strategies and recommendations into action.
Our goal is to put families and caregivers on the path to success!
Autism Care Team (ACT)
Working in collaboration with families, our Family Support Providers will:
- Meet regularly in-person or through video chat
- Help develop a plan which includes needed services and supports for things like early intervention, therapies, specialty care, and respite care.
- Help make informed decisions about services.
- Make connections to parent education programs.
- Coordinate care among providers and agencies.
- Offer follow-up services according to need.
ACT Program services are covered by Medicaid and through a grant from the Division of Prevention and Behavioral Health.
The ACT program requires a referral from a licensed provider. That can be your pediatrician, a clinical psychologist, a licensed clinical social worker, nurse practitioner or others.
Have a specific question or challenge navigating the system? Our Family Navigators, who have years of experience, will answer questions and provide information when you need it!
Just a few of the ways we work with families:
- Navigating and understanding services and therapies
- Help with accessing state programs and support, such as Respite, Medicaid and other state programs
- Assistance with educational questions and support in IEP meetings
- General information about autism and support within the community.
Connect With Us
To get the help you need, call our Family Support Intake Coordinator, Melanie Matusheski at 302-224-6020, extension 219, or email email@example.com.
You can also fill out the request form below.
Click here for information and applications for:
Division of Developmental Disability Services (DDDS)
Division of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services
Guardianship, Power of Attorney & Supported Decision-Making