JOB TITLE: Events Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Fund Development and Engagement
REPORTS TO: Fund Development and Engagement Director or Designee
FLSA: Full-Time Hourly, non-exempt
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or two or more years of professional experience in managing events.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in utilizing technology including: social media, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and database required.
- Must be politically astute and able to work with diverse and competing interests of both internal and external constituency groups
- A personal vehicle is required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Background check is a condition of employment
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT:
- Adherence to all policies and procedures
- Punctual and regular attendance as scheduled
- Successful, safe and effective implementation of job tasks
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties performed by the incumbent. They will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor.
- Cultivates a culture of openness and information sharing. Builds trust through regular, open and honest communications. Regularly looks for common ground and encourages collaboration among team members. Builds consensus via shared decision-making.
This is a full-time hourly position. General hours of operation are 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Some nights and weekends are required. Light physical activity is required. Work may involve occasional assistance of others in the manipulation of heavy objects and involve some standing and walking. Travel throughout the state is expected.
JOB RELATED DUTIES
- Effectively coordinates and supports events, including fundraising, and other social activities in the organization
- Partner with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure events and social activities are properly staffed
- Partner with Events Manager on statewide events logistics; execute on other event tasks as deemed necessary from Events Manager, including coordination of exhibitors, vendors, celebration, and post-event follow up as needed
- Serve as lead for non-signature events, including but not limited to, social recreation efforts, outside community events and vendor tables
- Accountable for securing respective food vendors, as well as securing donations for statewide fundraising signature events
- Act as silent auction coordinator for respective events, which includes acquisition of donations through solicitation or other means, as well as system input, organization, and display of donations; also accountable for ensuring payment in full prior to delivery of donations (during or post-event).
- Attend executive committee meetings for aforementioned events
- Support events as required and performing duties as assigned.
- Supports Autism Delaware’s Fund Development & Engagement Department.
- Provide operational support to the Fund Development & Engagement team including fundraising and social/recreational events.
- Assist with data processing, tracking, acknowledgement, reporting, reconciliation and analyzation for all events
- Assist manager in ensuring seamless coordination with event team, client and vendors by providing support to event owners in event planning including logistics, and data management, including: event registration, materials preparation, contract management, mailings, sponsorship, registration, set-up, seating, storage and other functional details
- Assist manager to track and analyze data to produce reports that may include: financial, event, grants, outcomes, monthly, quarterly or year-end reports
- Ensure data integrity verifying data is current, clean and crosschecked.
- Assists to develop, maintain, and report on fund development and engagement budgets.
- Assists to develop goals for fund development and engagement plan.
- Provides clear, accurate, timely, and thorough reporting.
- Maintains constructive and productive relationships with internal and external audiences.
- Represents Autism Delaware professionally and effectively.
- A self-starter that actively participates in meetings, demonstrating self-awareness, responsibility, initiative and professionalism.
- Creates and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support Autism Delaware’s mission and fund development and engagement goals.
- Builds organizational capacity to provide needed programs and services
- Report any significant budget variance to management and provides recommendations for appropriate actions to achieve resolution.
- Remains flexible and accommodating during unplanned or crises.
- Serves as a member of the Autism Delaware team helping establish priorities, assists with new project and initiatives, and supports introducing change to the organization.
- Attends relevant organizational meetings (committees, networking, community events, social/rec events, etc.) as appropriate with staff, volunteers and key constituents to assure effective and efficient workflow.
- Researches and stays current on best practices in areas of responsibility
- Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing professional development through study and practice of new skills and knowledge in the field.
- Identifies appropriate training opportunities and seeks attendance at conferences and other events to support knowledge of the newest information in the field.
NON – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Actively participates in agency functions.
- Safely manages all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Maintains a safe & hazard free work area. Raises concerns when appropriate.
- Effectively monitors facilities & equipment for cleanliness and hazards. Raises concerns when appropriate.
- Ensures health and safety through compliance with agency policies. OSHA and other safety standards.
- Preforms all duties in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Preforms all work in accordance with Autism Delaware’s philosophy.
- Works effectively with team to ensure excellent service delivery.